Second Life viewer: audio volume mixer
Many people don't know about this audio mixer menu in the SL viewer yet, i notice often.
Click on the highlighted button (/\) (\/) and you can mix the different audio sources coming out of the virtual world for your personal taste.
OpenSim viewers like the Hippo, have a very simular menu
IM me in SL if you like to have this texture in SL for free. Free to use for explaining your land visitors about this.
- Master - This slider is for the main audio volume.
- Music - For the radio mp3 streams (livestream or audio files)
- Media - Video (movies), TV live-streams or video files. media textrures can also show html webpages, but then there is never sound. You must have Quicktime Player installed to be able to play media in SL.
- Voice - People speaking live. Note: there is another menu to mix peoples voices volume individually.
- Sounds - From avatar gestures and so
- Ambient - Wind / space like sounds samples, unrelated to the location you are at.
- UI - User Interface bleeps
This picture shows my regular default slider settings. I change the Music, Media, Voice Sounds sliders most often.
I always have Ambient audio and UI audio muted, because they are not really related to the region or parcel my avatar is located. I only want to hear the sounds that belong to the owners and users of the locations.
I have this audio mix menu opened almost all the time