When I went up to Mt. Evans last week and started climbing around I was this little rock outcropping and was totally stoked on the idea of someone jumping out there for some epic silhouettes. Unfortunately the only people up there were a couple from Maine clutching each other for dear life. So I ran down to the car and got the remote shutter and did it myself. Turned out nicely! By nicely I mean totally epicly!!
On a sidenote, the drop from up there is WAY bigger than it looks in this picture. At one point I was sitting down and when I stood up the lanyard attached to my keys got caught on a rock and slipped out. I was barely able to catch my falling keys by smashing the lanyard between my shoe and the rock face. From there I sat there for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to actually get them the rest of the way back into my pocket. I found the whole thing pretty enjoyable.
2nd sidenote: 10minutes later I locked my keys in my truck. Not my day!!!
This photo is in 59 groups
- Award For Best Photo In The Universe 16,369 items
- People & Nature TOGETHER (add 1, rate or comment 1) 32,892 items
- 100 + Viewed Best of Geology (Add 1, Award 1) 13,852 items
- "World Trekker" (Post 7 - Award 3) 291,491 items
- "This Photo Rocks!" (Post 7 - Award 3) 295,747 items
- MY FLICKR FAV's (Invite a Friends Photo) P1/C2 96,583 items