new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
"Princess" - Spooners Bar | by CopperPhoenix
Back to photostream

"Princess" - Spooners Bar

Princess was the first locomotive to run on the Ffestiniog Railway and was first steamed on 4 August 1863. She has not been restored to working order but remains as she was left by the old company in 1946. For some years from 1969 she was displayed in the open outside the Queen's Hotel at Blaenau Ffestiniog, then on a plinth at the site of the Blaenau LNWR Exchange station and then at Porthmadog before finally being displayed inside the museum in the Goods Shed at Porthmadog Harbour Station (now Spooner's Bar) from 1981.

354 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on May 20, 2012