new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Disappearing House_correction | by wrenswood
Back to photostream

Disappearing House_correction

Whilst drivng along the Midland Highway in Tasmania, the Disappearing House at Conara is one moment in sight, then, the next moment, disappears behind a hill. This historic building was originally called the Epping Banks Inn, later was known as the Corners Inn, and Smithvale.

Smithvale (commonly known as the Disappearing House) was built by Catherine and James Smith 1839-40.

723 views
6 faves
2 comments
Taken on October 31, 2010