trying to do a tiny little bit more for haiti...
on tuesday, jan 12, 2010, haiti was hit by a magnitude of 7.0 earthquake... the aftermath has been extremely heartbreaking and devastating... hundreds of thousands lives lost and countless still missing...
it's hard to watch/hear/read the news without one's heart aching, feeling helpless and crying for them. i know times are still tough for many folks in this economy (and i'm sorry for asking in this tough time), but please be grateful that we are still the lucky ones, not in/affected by this devastating earthquake. so, let's reach out (be it in big or smaller ways) by donating and/or praying for them. they desperately need water, food, medical aids, shelter among other things, and the best way to get these necessities to them is by monetary donations. i've made my donations to the red cross, doctors without borders, and the clinton bush haiti funds. always make sure you're donating to trusted organizations by checking charity navigator. ...so, what were you planning to purchase today that you don't actually need? why not use that amount to help out those in desperate need right now?... ... if you're not able to donate money, please continue to keep the haitians and those helping them over there in your thoughts and prayers. thank you!!!
for donations via u.s. mobiles/cellphones:
- text HAITI to 90999 and $10 will go to the red cross haiti relief funds
(for canada, text HAITI to 45678)
- text QUAKE to 20222, $10 will go to the clinton bus haiti fund
two years ago, i did a toy adoption for red cross donations for the san diego wildfires, so i thought of doing it again this time to help out abit. same "procedures" as to how to adopt and donate (below). last time, i only ask for donations directly to the red cross, but i would also like to ask for donations to be made to "doctors without borders" this time (or if you have a preferred charity that would utilize their donated funds wisely, please feel free to send the donation there, and just show me proof of donation and your adopted toy will be sent out to you.)
(i know i'm abit late...been really busy and didn't have time to gather my toys and take pics until now...sorry)
here is how i hope it'll work again...
1. i've posted all the toys (and few new tokidoki and hello kitty makeup items) i'm donating for you to adopt in this set.. they are all from my own personal collection and i do take very good care of my toys, so they're all in excellent (or even new) condition. ^^
2. please flickrmail me which toy you wish to adopt, and you will make your donations directly through the red cross website (please click/specify it's for the "international response funds" on the donation page) or the doctors without borders website...donation amount will be the appx price i paid for the toy, and of course, any extra amount of donations are always deeply appreciated and welcomed ^^
3. please forward me the donation email confirmation that you would receive directly from red cross or doctors without borders (which will show the donated amount) and i will send out the toy to you on my own expense. (sorry i can only send via regular mail, since priority or express shipping will add up and will be too much for me and i rather donate the extra postage to the relief funds)
p.s. i'm not usually online during the day, so please be patient when sending me flickrmails about the toys adoptions. i will try my best to respond in the evenings. thanks. :)
thank you so much from the bottom of my heart, for your kindness and big heart. xxxoooxoxoxxx!!! *biggest group hugs*
have a wonderful and safe weekend, dear everyone! xoxo^^
toki in tears
© woolloomooloo / woolloomooloosky. all rights reserved.