Village History
Highlights include:

1958 - Surety Builders begin construction of homes south of 75th and east of Rt. 53.

1959 - Incorporation, first election of public officials

1960 - Population of 542

1961 - Woodridge School opens

1962 - First Chief of Police

1964 - Winston Hills subdivision (over 2,000 homes)

1966 - Shopping center at 75th and Janes opened

1967 - Tax supported public library approved by voters

1969 - Tax supported park district approved by voters

1970 - Population of 11,028

1977 - Wilton Industries moves to Woodridge

1978 - Woodridge Chamber of Commerce formed

1980 - Population of 22,322

1984 - Woodridge Festival Shopping Center

1989 - Woodridge Veterans Memorial

1990 - Population of 26,256

1991 - Seven Bridges Opens

1993 - Internationale Centre

1997 - Population of 29,605 (Special Census)

1998 - Village Centre completed - new Village Hall, expanded Library, Police and Public Works, and Post Office.
34 photos · 1,332 views