Klick here for a large view!
Death Valley National Park is a mostly-arid United States National Park located east of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in Inyo County, California with a small extension and exclave (Devil's Hole) in Nye County, Nevada. The park covers 5,219 mi² (13,518 km²), encompassing Saline Valley, a large part of Panamint Valley, almost all of Death Valley, and parts of several mountain ranges. It is the hottest and driest of the national parks in the United States and contains the second-lowest point in the Western
Hemisphere at Badwater, which is 282 feet (86 m) below sea level. It is also home to many species of plants and animals that have adapted to this harsh desert environment. Some examples include Creosote Bush, Bighorn Sheep, Coyote, and the Death Valley Pupfish — a survivor of much wetter times. Approximately 95% of the park is designated as wilderness.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This photo is in 40 groups
- *Qualified Members Only* - Level 2 (P1 - A5) Closed 7,240 items
- *Qualified Members Only* - Level 1 (P1 - A5) Closed 24,574 items
- !Photo-Hobby! Level 1(Post 1 Award 4) Closed! 57,957 items
- *The Three Angels* LEVEL 3: Golden Angel (P1-A3) Closed! 10,021 items
- 7 [Seven] : Post1, Score7 - Quality photos ONLY! No comment=BAN! 6,637 items
- *The Three Angels* LEVEL 2: Silver Angel (P1-A4) Closed 17,360 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Road 2 photos