Canyonlands National Park
Get a large view!
Canyonlands National Park, located near Moab, Utah and Arches National Park, was designated as a National Park on September 12, 1964. The park covers 527.5 mi² (1,366 km²).
Canyons carved into the Colorado Plateau by the Colorado River and Green River partition the area into three major districts:
* Island in the Sky to the north
* The Needles to the south-east
* The Maze to the west
In addition to the three major districts there is a detached unit to the north, called the Horseshoe Canyon Unit.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This photo is in 21 groups
- Above All the Rest and Simply the BEST (P.1 A.3) SWEEPER ACTIVE 57,884 items
- The Big Blue Planet *sweeper IS active* 25,976 items
- World Traveler (Post 1,Comment on previous 3) 29,299 items
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 692,249 items
- Eye Of The Photographer 28,364 items
- flickrScorer // Post 1 score the 5 pictures before yours! 68,107 items