Gallup New Mexico
Klick here for a large view!
Gallup (Navajo: Naʼnízhoozhí) is a city in McKinley County, New Mexico, United States. The population was 20,209 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of McKinley County.
Gallup was founded in 1891 as a railhead for the Atlantic and Pacific Railroad.
Gallup was the setting as the center of activity in a 2006 Sci Fi Channel mini-series The Lost Room starring Peter Krause.
Gallup is sometimes called the "Indian Capital of the World", for its location in the heart of Native American lands, and the presence of Navajo, Zuni, Hopi and other tribes.
Route 66 runs through Gallup, and the town's name is mentioned in the lyrics to the song, Route 66.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This photo is in 33 groups
- Golden Planet Evo (Qualified Photos Only) (P1, A4) (Sweeper) 23,839 items
- *The Three Angels* LEVEL 3: Golden Angel (P1-A3) Closed! 10,037 items
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,754 items
- *ANGEL AWARDS, POST 1 / GIVE 5 ANGELS , SWEEPER ACTIVE 213,740 items
- *The Three Angels* LEVEL 2: Silver Angel (P1-A4) Closed 17,385 items
- *The Three Angels* LEVEL 1: Blue Angel (P1-A5) Closed 48,544 items