Harrow and Wealdstone Station
Taken from The Bridge carrying the road from Harrow to Wealdstone just to the east of the Station; Gerald Horsley's 1912 station building, with its distinctive clock tower, can be seen in the background. Stanmore branch trains terminated at platform 7, the abandoned trackbed of which can be clearly seen on the right of the photo. Platforms 5 and 6 are used by London Midland outer suburban services, and also these days by Southern's East Croydon-Watford Junction/Milton Keynes services. Platforms 3 and 4 are on the fast lines and are rarely served; platforms 1 and 2 are for the Euston-Watford local service, which these days is in the hands of London Overgound; as well as the London Undergound Bakerloo Line trains which terminate/start from here.