The course of the Harrow and Stanmore Railway north of Christchurch Avenue, Wealdstone. Originally there was a bridge here, reconstructed at great expense in 1959 - just five years before the line closed! The bridge was dismantled in 1968; the dip in the road was susceptible to flooding so the road was realigned in the 1970s and the bridge abutments removed. The steps on the left allow pedestrain access to the embankment; from here it is possible to walk the course of the former railway line towards Stanmore as far as Wemborough Road/Vernon Drive.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts