Cornelia White House and McCallum Adobe
Palm Springs was first permanently settled by John McCallum in 1884, building the adobe structure seen in the middle left. Later, when the proposed Town of Palmsdale was to established at the foot of Mt San Jacinto,the Palmdale Short Line Railroad was established. The line collapsed when the area came under drought, but in 1893 Cornelia White used the abandoned railroad ties to build his home on the far left.
Palm Springs, California