Still going through the shots I took yesterday on a hike out the Tomales Point trail to see the tule elk rut, but this one stood out from the thumbnails. Here are two males trying to figure out who is stronger. We watched both of these guys get run out of a harem by a clearly larger male earlier in the day, and then after hanging out and feeding peacefully together on the edges of the group they eventually came to blows. To us, there was no clear winner of this battle.
This photo is in 15 groups
- Libre comme l'air / Free like the air 31,067 items
- Flickr Global (Your Best Photographs). 85,611 items
- Outstanding Mammal Photography - P1 - A3 (Admin Invite Only) 308 items
- Klasse! The Best in Nature 5,275 items
- BORN to be WILD 24,570 items
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 522,558 items