Harrison Hot Springs Hotel History
The St. Alice Hotel was built in 1885-86, located on Harrison Lake and managed by John R. Brown.
The hotel burned to the ground in July 1920 with only the chimneys surviving.
The Harrison Hotel was built between 1925-26 and opened on May 24, 1926 by A.D. Anderson & Company. The hotel was managed by Margaret de Gusseme for the next twenty years.
The above postcards: The St. Alice Hotel in 1906 (top right), the Main building of the Harrison Hotel, circa. 1926 (bottom right) and a brochure from the Hotel circa. 1957.
From the Glen A. Mofford Collection