Tamiya 911 GT1 chassis, still rough in the back
I've filled the four knock-out pin dents in the back edge of the diffuser, then the row you can see lined up for and aft on the inclined part of the diffuser, and finally, the two that are spotted on either side of the ring shaped boss that aligns the transaxle and diffuser. Now its rough and sloppy and tool marked, and the large, shallow knockouts haven't been filled yet. Now time for more filing, wet-dry sanding sticks and then wet-dry sandpaper.
I put a reasonable coat of semi-gloss near-black onto the back wall and floor of the driver's compartment, as well as the inside of the roof air intake, the front airfoil tray (there's a better term, can't think of it)
This is the orange-painted 911 GT1 I bought as a completed model at an attractive price. The builder had painted the body pretty well, left a lot of the black plastic unpainted, and painted pretty mch everything aft of the firewall steel, aluminum or black.
First I repaired the engine cover where the two well-painted pieces hadn't been glued very effectively. Then I wiggled and pried and wobbled, very gently, over several days, until I managed to get the engine disconnected from the firewall and diffuser. Then I managed to get the body off the chassis.