Located at 120 North 9th Street in Richmond, Indiana, this building, now an insurance company, was once Morton High School.
Per Shaun Dingwerth of the Richmond Art Museum:
The tiles were made by Henry Mercer (1856-1930) a leader in ceramic tile and the arts and crafts movement. He was so pleased with the idea of a tile decoration on a school building that he made the works for only $500. Each decoration was hand modeled, baked and glazed in color and fired. Each panel represents the various industries including, stone cutting, boiling, blacksmithing, brick maker, carpentering, spinning, glass-blowing, churning and printing. The date 1910 shows in gold roman letters as MCMX.