NYC - East Village: Grace Chapel and Hospital
The Grace Chapel (Episcopal) and Hospital, now the Immaculate Conception Church (Roman Catholic) and Clergy House at 406-412 East 14th Street was built in French Gothic style by Barney & Chapman from 1894-96. Built by Grace Church as a free church that would minister to all, no pew rents were charged. Adjoining the church is the complementary structure erected as a hosptial. In 1943, the chapel was converted into a Roman Catholic church, and the hospital became a clergy house.
The Grace Chapel (Episcopal) and Hospital was designated a landmark by the New York City Landmarks Preservation commission in 1966.