Baltimore - Fells Point: Obrycki's Crab House - Blue Claw Crabs
Obrycki's Crab House and Seafood Restaurant, at 1727 East Pratt Street, is Baltimore's quintessential crab house. In 1944 Melvin Alexander and his brothers-in-law, Mitch, Joe and Eddie Obrycki opened up a bar and started serving Maryland blue crab. When Melvin, Mitch and Joe relocated, Eddie and his wife, Eleanor, took over what became known as Ed Obrycki's Olde Crab House. In 1976, Rose and Richard Cernak bought the restaurant, and in 1986 Obrycki's moved next door to its current location.
Obrycki's Crab House was featured on The Travel Channel's Man Vs. Food, and was voted #38, for the best place to chowdown in the U.S. on The Travel Channel Americas 101 Tastiest Places to Chowdown Countdown.