NJ - Morristown: Washington
Washington, designed by sculptor Frederick George Richard Roth in 1927, was dedicated at the corner of Morris Street and Washington Street on October 19, 1928. The 12-foot bronze statue, founded by Fonderia G. Vignali, depicts General George Washignton in winter uniform, astride a horse. The hat and uniform are exact replicas of what Washington wore while he was encamped in Morristown.
The sculpture is mounted on a 5-foot tall rectangular granite base. The statue, donated by Miss Ellen Mabel Clark is sited in a small park designed by architect Edward R. Bossange on land donated by Dr. Henry M. Dodge, where Washington's boyguards were quartered during the winter of 1777-1778.