NYC: Bergdorf Goodman's 2009 Holiday window display - Fantastic Mr. Fox The Movie - Bean's Secret Cider Cellar
Bergdorf Goodman's Men's 2009 Department Holiday window display, presented in conjunction with 20th Century Fox, featured scenes with the original sets and characters from Wes Anderson's Fanastic Mr. Fox The Movie, based on the novel by Roald Dahl.
Bergdorf Goodman began in 1899 when Herman Bergdorf, an immigrant from Alsace, opened a tailor shop just above Union Square. Edwin Goodman, an employee of Bergdorf's, purchased the store then located in the "Ladies' Mile" in 1906. In 1914, Goodman became the first couturier to introduce ready-to-wear. The store moved to its present location at 5th Avenue and 58th Street in 1928, building its Art Deco store on the site of the William K. Vanderbilt mansion. The men's store was moved across the street to the old FAO Schwarz space at 745 Fifth Avenue in 1990.