NYC: Fuller Building
The Fuller Building, at 41-45 East 47th Street, was built for the Fuller Construction Company in 1929 after they moved from the Flatiron Building. The 40-floor, 492-foot tower, designed by Walker & Gillette in the Art Deco style features a crown of balconies and banded setbacks with a small geometric cap. The main entrance on 57th Street is marked by a three-story portal whose pilasters are surmounted by the name of the building, a sculpted skyline and two figures by Elie Nadelman flanking a clock.
The Fuller Building is known for housing a number of New York's most important galleries including the Andre Emmerich Gallery, the Robert Miller Gallery, the David McKee Gallery, David Findlay Jr. Gallery, Katharina Rich Perlow Gallery, Andrew Crispo Gallery, and the pioneering Pierre Matisse Gallery, amongst others. Although several galleries have either moved or closed, many newer ones have taken their place.