New Orleans - French Quarter: K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen
K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen, at 416 Chartres Street, was opened in 1979 by Chef Paul Prudhomme and his late wife, Kay Hinrichs Prudhomme. Initially a modest, 62-seat restaurant, it would quickly become an overnight sensation, creating national interest in Cajun cooking from a style until then little known outside of the Arcadia region. In the early 1980's, the restaurant made the dish of blackened redfish famous.
Based on the designs of the original 1834 structure, K-Paul's was extensively refurbished and expanded in 1996 and now, under the direction of Executive Chef Paul Miller, offers seating for more than 200 dining guests.