new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Olimje Monastery | by Vidar Karlsen
Back to photostream

Olimje Monastery

The Olimje Monastery was built by the Counts of Pilstien around 1015 and enlarged by Count Tattenbach in 1550.

Baron Ivan Zakmardy de Dyankoch bought it in 1657 and donated it to the Pauline monks in Lepoglav, Croatia.

 

The monks stayed in Olimje until 1782, when the emperor Joseph II dismissed the monastery.

 

For more information, read www.olimje.net/index.php/en/samostan

248 views
2 faves
0 comments
Taken on April 30, 2016