In 1871 MP Hugo Francis Meynell Ingram of Temple Newsam in Yorkshire and Hoar Cross died in a hunting accident. His widow Emily Charlotte, daughter of the 1st Viscount Halifax, commisioned Bodley and Garner to build a grand new church in his memory at Hoar Cross in Staffordshire. Mrs Meynell-Ingram also had estates at Laughton in Lincolnshire and between 1894-96 the church at Laughton was transformed by Bodley and Garner into an Anglo-Catholic jewel-box. When Emiyl Charlotte died in 1904 her estates were inherited by her nephews the prominent Anglo-Catholic Charles Wood, 2nd Viscount Halifax, who continued the restoration. The restoration of Laughton church was completed in 1926.