Sutton on Trent, Nottinghamshire
The lavish Mering chapel was added to the south side of the chancel in in 1520s. Between the chapel and the chancel is a vast, but sadly unidentified tomb chest. It is probably the burial place of Sir William Mering, knight of the body to Henry VII and Marshal of Calais between 1509-1511. He died in 1537.