House of the Blackheads
House of the Blackheads (Latvian: Melngalvju nams, German: Schwarzhäupterhaus) is a building situated in the old town of Riga, Latvia. The original building was erected during the first third of the 14th century for the Brotherhood of the Blackheads Guild, a guild for unmarried foreign merchants in Riga. Major works were done in the years 1580 and 1886, adding most of the ornamentations.
The structure was bombed to a ruin by the Germans June 28, 1941 and the remains demolished by the Soviets in 1948. The current reconstruction was erected from 1995 to 1999.
HDR from three exposures (+/- 2 EV) taken with a Nikon D80 handheld. Tokina 12-24 AT-X @ 12mm. Tonemapped using Photomatix. Lens distortion corrected using photoshop CS4.