new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Hibbs Hall, 900 Park Ave., 1959, 1967 | by VCU Libraries
Back to album

Hibbs Hall, 900 Park Ave., 1959, 1967

Hibbs Hall has served as the main classroom building on the Monroe Park Campus for over 50 years. It is named for Dr. Henry H. Hibbs, Jr. (1887-1977) who served as the head of Richmond Professional Institute from 1917 (when it was known as the Richmond School of Social Work and Public Health) through 1959. From the late 1950s through 2003 the building housed the campus book store and the school’s cafeteria. The administrative offices of the English Department and the College of Humanities and Sciences have also been housed here. Today, the University College, the Campus Learning Center, and the Writing Center are located here. (Image: Special Collections and Archives, Cabell Library)

 

1,817 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on October 30, 2013