Stone, 4' x 2' x 1' 4"
Placed during George Washington Bicentennial, 1932
Old Supreme Court Chamber Entrance, First Floor, East Front
Text of the Plaque:
LAID MASONICALLY SEPT. 17, 1932
IN COMMEMORATION OF THE LAYING
OF THE ORIGINAL CORNERSTONE BY
This official Architect of the Capitol photograph is being made available for educational, scholarly, news or personal purposes (not advertising or any other commercial use). When any of these images is used the photographic credit line should read “Architect of the Capitol.” These images may not be used in any way that would imply endorsement by the Architect of the Capitol or the United States Congress of a product, service or point of view. For more information visit www.aoc.gov.