3d pan white

Cannon House Office Building Plaque

Frank Eliscu

Bronze, 28" x 40"

Placed January 31, 1969

Cannon House Office Building Rotunda

  

Text of the Plaque

 

* 1836 1926*

CANNON HOUSE OFFICE BUILDING

PURSUANT TO PUBLIC LAW 37-453 APPROVED MAY 21, 1963

THIS BUILDING

WAS NAMED IN HONOR OF THE

HONORABLE JOSEPH GURNEY CANNON

* 1836 - 1926 *

REPRESENTATIVE FROM ILLINOIS

* 1836 – 1891 * 1893 – 1913 * 1915 – 1923 *

SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

DURING THE 53TH, 59TH,60TH, 61ST, CONGRESS

CHAIRMAN OF THE

HOUSE OFFICE BUILDING COMMISSION

WHICH DIRECTED

THE CONSTRUCTION OF THIS BUILDING

* 1904 - 1908 *

    

This official Architect of the Capitol photograph is being made available for educational, scholarly, news or personal purposes (not advertising or any other commercial use). When any of these images is used the photographic credit line should read “Architect of the Capitol.” These images may not be used in any way that would imply endorsement by the Architect of the Capitol or the United States Congress of a product, service or point of view. For more information visit www.aoc.gov.

 

2,373 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on January 25, 2012