Oil on Canvas
Hall of Capitols
House Wing, Cox Corridors
Edward Clark, the longest-serving architect to date (1865-1902), completed the porticoes of the new wing extensions and oversaw construction of the first Library of Congress building (now named the Jefferson building).
This official Architect of the Capitol photograph is being made available for educational, scholarly, news or personal purposes (not advertising or any other commercial use). When any of these images is used the photographic credit line should read “Architect of the Capitol.” These images may not be used in any way that would imply endorsement by the Architect of the Capitol or the United States Congress of a product, service or point of view. For more information visit www.aoc.gov.