Old Supreme Court Chamber
Until 1935, the U.S. Capitol housed the Supreme Court of the United States as well as the Congress. This semicircular, umbrella-vaulted room, located north of the Crypt, was used by the Court between 1810 and 1860.
This official Architect of the Capitol photograph is being made available for educational, scholarly, news or personal purposes (not advertising or any other commercial use). When any of these images is used the photographic credit line should read “Architect of the Capitol.” These images may not be used in any way that would imply endorsement by the Architect of the Capitol or the United States Congress of a product, service or point of view. For more information visit www.aoc.gov.