Library of Congress John Adams Building
The library’s second building, now named for President John Adams after being known for years simply as “the Annex” opened its doors in 1938.
A restrained and finely detailed art deco building, the John Adams Building features an exterior clad with Georgia marble.
This official Architect of the Capitol photograph is being made available for educational, scholarly, news or personal purposes (not advertising or any other commercial use). When any of these images is used the photographic credit line should read “Architect of the Capitol.” These images may not be used in any way that would imply endorsement by the Architect of the Capitol or the United States Congress of a product, service or point of view. For more information visit www.aoc.gov.