Longworth House Office Building
Completed in the spring of 1933, the Longworth House Office Building is the second of three office buildings constructed for the United States House of Representatives as well as a fine example of the Neo-Classical Revival style popular in the second quarter of the twentieth century. It occupies a site south of the Capitol bounded by Independence Avenue, New Jersey Avenue, C Street S.E., and South Capitol Street.
For more information about the Longworth House Office Building visit: www.aoc.gov/house/longworth.
This official Architect of the Capitol photograph is being made available for educational, scholarly, news or personal purposes (not advertising or any other commercial use). When any of these images is used the photographic credit line should read “Architect of the Capitol.” These images may not be used in any way that would imply endorsement by the Architect of the Capitol or the United States Congress of a product, service or point of view. For more information visit www.aoc.gov.