Westminster Hall virtual tour 1400
In the Middle Ages, Westminster Hall was taken over by the judiciary as the home of the Courts of Law. Justice was dispensed from the throne either by the King himself, or by the Lord Chancellor in the name of the King. The judges presided over the Court of the King’s Bench and the Court of Chancery, and used the King’s High Table for this purpose for about 300 years.
Using the skills of 3D computer designers, historians and archaeologists, Parliament has developed a virtual reconstruction of Westminster Hall at two key points in its 900 year history. This is a still taken from the 3D model - take the virtual tour.
These images are subject to parliamentary copyright.