The Harrods Pizzeria : LONDON : ENGLAND : United Kingdom : Wonderful setting, great italian variety, superb flavours and choice, great service too! We had a great lunch here : LANDMARK : ICON : ENJOY! :)
Significant event timeline
* 1824: Charles Henry Harrod starts his first business as a Draper, at 228, Borough High Street, Southwark, London.
* 1834: Charles Henry Harrod (1799–1885) founds a wholesale grocery in Stepney, East London.
* 1849: Harrods moves to the Knightsbridge area of London, near Hyde Park.
* 1861: Harrods undergoes a transformation when it was taken over by Harrod's son, Charles Digby Harrod (1841–1905)
* 1883: On 6 December, fire guts the shop buildings, giving the family the opportunity to rebuild on a grander scale.
* 1889: Charles Digby Harrod retires, and Harrods shares are floated on the London Stock Exchange under the name Harrod's Stores Limited.
* 1905: Begun in 1894, the present building is completed to the design of architect Charles William Stephens.
* 1914: Harrods opens its first and only foreign branch in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It became independent of Harrods in the late 1940s but still traded under the Harrods name usable only in Argentina Harrods Buenos Aires.
* 1914: Harrods buys the Regent Street department store Dickins & Jones.
* 1919: Harrods buys the Manchester department store, Kendals; it took on the Harrods name for a short time in the 1920s, but the name was changed back to Kendals following protests from staff and customers.
* 1959: The British department store holding company, House of Fraser, buys Harrods.
* 1969: Christian the lion was bought by John Rendall and Anthony 'Ace' Bourke. The lion was set free in Kenya after reaching maturity.
* 1983: A terrorist attack by the Provisional IRA outside the Knightsbridge store kills six people.
* 1985: The Fayed brothers buy the store for £615 million.
* 1986: The small town of Otorohanga in New Zealand briefly changed its name to Harrodsville in response to legal threats made by Mohamed Fayed against a person with the surname of Harrod, who had used the name "Harrod's" for his shop. Other town businesses changed their store name to Harrod's in support, and the resultant lampooning in the British press led to Fayed dropping the legal action.
* 1990: A Harrods shop opens onboard the RMS Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, which was then owned by the Walt Disney Company. Harrods gives right to Duty Free International for a license to operate a Harrods Signature Shop at Toronto Pearson International Airport's Terminal 3 (closed shortly after)
* 1994: The relationship between House of Fraser and Harrods is severed. Harrods remains under the ownership of the Fayed family, and House of Fraser is floated on the stock exchange.
* 1997: The British court issues an injunction to restrain the Buenos Aires Harrods store from trading under the Harrods name.
* 2000: A Harrods shop opens onboard the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, owned by the Cunard Line.
* 2006: The Harrods "102" store opens opposite the main store on Brompton Road; it features concessions like Krispy Kreme and Yo! Sushi, as well as florists, a herbalist, a masseur, and an oxygen spa.
* 2006: Omar Fayed, Mohamed's youngest son, joins the Harrods board.
* 2010: Qatar Holdings become the new owners of Harrods, after Fayed announces he has sold the store. It had been reported that Qatar Holdings paid £1.5 billion for the Knightsbridge store, in a deal signed in the early hours of 8 May 2010.
* 2010: Harrods looks at the possibility of expanding to China and opening a new store in Shanghai. Michael Ward, managing director of Harrods cited Chinese shoppers in Harrods is increasing and the average spend by a Chinese shopper is three times that of the average American.
Originating as a part of Italian cuisine, the dish has become popular in many different parts of the world. A shop or restaurant where pizzas are made and sold is called a “pizzeria”. The phrases “pizza parlor,” "pizza place" and "pizza shop" are used in the United States. The term pizza pie is dialectal, and pie is used for simplicity in some contexts, such as among pizzeria staff.
Thoughts about Pizza.......
And I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza.
and this great item.......
I make myself pizza if it comes down to that drastic measurement.
some more PLEASE!........
The guys in my band are great-we watch movies, we eat pizza, take walks, read books. Everybody has a really great sense of humor. And my boyfriend comes and visits me on the road.