Toast, a soft-boiled egg, tea, and kitchen table mess.
- Measuring tape left out from pretzel-making adventures (could you guesstimate 18 inches without help? not me.)
- Manly Meals and Mom's Home Cooking: Cookbooks and Gender in Modern America by Jessamyn Neuhaus.
- My soft-boiled egg was just about done when I realized I didn't have an egg cup to serve it in. This little measuring cup did great in a pinch.
- Toast! From homemade bread (albeit of the bread machine persuasion, though not from one of those weirdzo bread machine mixes).
- Tea! Leftover green tea with mint from the previous night's North African-flavored dinner, reheated in Pyrex by microwave.
- I generally don't sweeten my tea, but when mint-green gets this color it pretty much smacks me around and demands sugar.
- Not sugar. Kosher salt. House guests beware!
- Sugar, artlessly concealed.
- Rethinking Thin, by Gina Kolata.
- The Reach of a Chef, by Michael Ruhlman. Well worth a place of honor next to the egg.
- Clipboard and class notes for ANTH 465: Gender Issues in Nutritional Anthropology.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts