"IF THIS BUMPER STICKER IS GETTING smaller, the light is probably green...." ~ EXPLORE
EXPLORE March 24, 2009 #448 - Thank You!!!!
CHEVROLET CORVETTE STING RAY ~
My favorite Sports Car has always been the 'vette Sting Ray, so I was drooling over this one at the Old Town Car Show while Rigs was looking at other Chevrolet models.
* I also want to thank my good friend dixiedave for supplying me the tutorial to put this on a black background in PS!!!!
Manufacturer General Motors
Class Sports car
Body style(s) 2-door coupé
The Chevrolet Corvette is a sports car manufactured in six generations by General Motors (GM) since 1953. At the time of its introduction it was America's only two-seater, and for decades was unchallenged as the premium domestic sports car of its day.
The first Corvette was designed by Harley Earl and named by Myron Scott after the fast ship of the same name. Originally built in Flint, Michigan and St. Louis, Missouri, it is currently built at a General Motors assembly plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The National Corvette Museum and annual National Corvette Homecoming, also located in Bowling Green, celebrate the car's history.
The second generation, or mid-year, was designed by Larry Shinoda with major inspiration from a previous unproduced design called the "Q Corvette" by Peter Brock and Chuck Pohlmann, and under the styling direction of Bill Mitchell, started in 1963 and ended in 1967. Introducing a new name, Corvette Sting Ray, the 1963 model year Corvette was the first year for a coupé with its distinctive split rear window and non-functioning hood vents as well as an independent rear suspension. The split rear window was discontinued in 1964 due to safety concerns. Because they made the design too busy, the hood vents were also cut. Power for 1963 was at 360 hp (268 kW) hitting 375 hp (280 kW) in 1964.
This photo is in 10 groups
- TOP SHOTS [Solo Fotos Invitadas/ Post 1/Awards 4/ No Black&Whit 24,723 items
- Saariy'sQualityPictures. +20 Faved Pics are required to group 43,832 items
- **ALL KINDS OF BEAUTY** (Moderated! NO MODELS!) 316,688 items
- Up Close, But Not Quite 20,614 items
- GRRREAT WORKS.... Post ONE Photo and give 2 COMMENTS, PLEASE!!! 72,711 items
- EXPLORE WINNERS OF THE WORLD [ Post 1 - 4 Awards ] 12,213 items