flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Iglesia de la Santa Veracruz

The church started out as a hermitage built between 1526 and 1528 by the cofraternity of the True Cross (Verdadera Cruz or Vera Cruz), founded by the conquistador Hernan Cortez.

This chapel captured is also a baptistery with a stone baptismal font and an image of Christ in the center.

997 views
1 fave
29 comments
Taken on February 27, 2012