We have plenty of figs right now so I'm always on the look out for new recipes.
This recipe has been customised to what we had in our refrigerator.
It's light, fulfilling, quick to make, and very yummy, indeed.
Recipe (Serves 3)
12 ripe figs,
3 small slices of bacon, cooked, and crumbed,
1 slice, Swiss Cheese
1 handful, Blue Cheese (crumbed)
Runny honey, fresh thyme leaves, and pepper.
Pre-heat oven (best use mini oven, if you have one) to 400F (204C).
1. Rinse, and quarter figs lengthwise (do not cut all the way through, leave quartered fruit still attached at the bottom).
2. Place semi-quartered figs on a baking dish, gently opened.
3. Top each center with the cheeses, than bacon bits, then a drizzle of honey.
4. Season with black pepper, and thyme.
5. Place in an oven, and cook just long enough to let the fruit warm up a bit, and cheese go runny.