Day 8 of the games...
And I've spent the last 4 days recovering from the first 4 days. Not sure if I have it in me to keep up the Olympic pace for 17 days straight, and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Favorites so far include watching the Opening Ceremonies, watching and celebrating moguls gold in Yaletown and the impromptu dancing courtesy of the DJ's showcasing as a part of Made in Vancouver Festival.
Stealing a note from the guys from the buried life (the boys from Victoria BC travelling North America to complete their 'must do before I die' list) I've compiled a list of the things I MUST still do before the Olympics are done:
1. Take advantage of my free Lululemon/YYoga free pass.
2. Spend time exploring the pavilions and fun on Granville Island.
3. Check out Canada's North Pavilion - I've heard it's great!
4. Check out one of the JetSet Crew Parties. They've been doing a great job attracting athletes to Canvas lounge. Would be fun to celebrate with them.
5. Get to the Richmond Ozone and Heineken house and BC street.
6. Ice skate at Robson square or in Richmond.
7. Ziptrek over Robson at BC pavilion (such a great idea - wouldn't it be cool to replace public transit with ziplines!!).
8. Check out a Yaletown livecity show and stay for the end of day fireworks and light show.
9. Check out an athletic event. I've got my eye on women's figure skating tickets - feeling the need to show Joannie Rochette some support this week.