Narrow alley in Preston

© 2012 Tony Worrall

  • thepracticalsurveyor 3y

    I have always called them ginnels?
    Northern English
    a narrow passage between buildings; an alley.
    early 17th century: perhaps from French chenel 'channel'

    but then I note your tag
  • Bernie Blackburn 3y

    To me, that is a ginnel, an alley is more like the access ways between the backs of terraces, but that's just me! On the other hand, I could have got it completely wrong! : )))
  • reflectingonlife 3y

    Great perpective and atmosphere
0 faves
Taken on June 12, 2012
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 6.6 mm
  • 1/45
  • 400
  • Flash (auto, fired)
  • Show EXIF
This photo is in 14 groups
This photo is in 1 album

Additional info

  • Viewing this photo Public
  • Safety level of this photo Safe
  • S Search
    Photo navigation
    < > Thumbnail navigation
    Z Zoom
    B Back to context