80g minced onion
50g minced Cilantro
3 minced shitake mushrooms
1 glove ground garlic
3 tablespoons potato starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sake
1 teaspoon sesame oil
15 Dumpling Skins
1. Put the Cilantro, the onions, the shitake mushrooms, and the garlic into a bowl and mix together.
2. Add the sake, the soy sauce, the sesame oil, and the potato starch and mix together until well combined.
3. Put a spoonful of the filling in the center of a dumpling skin. Lift up the edges of the circle and pinch 5 pleats up to create a pouch to encase the mixture. Pinch the top together.
4. Heat a wok or nonstick skillet until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, tilting the wok to coat the sides. If using a nonstick skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil. Place dumplings in a single layer in the wok and fry 2 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
5. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
Dumplings are served with dipping sauce. To make dipping sauce, mix 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of hot pepper oil.