Historic Sunset Boulevard Landmark: The Hollywood Tower Hotel ("RAW Idea")
I took this shot on our first night of shooting during our October trip. There was a private party going on at Rock 'N' Rollercoaster (I can only presume Steven Tyler was in attendance), so we were shooed away from that area, but there were still plenty of good shots to be had.
This shot was the inaugural shot from the RAW Idea. I was a little skeptical about whether it would be a good idea, but after seeing the first couple of results, I was re-assured that it was beneficial (for my learning, at least). Anyway, on with the explanation of my processing before letting others elaborate on their methods in the comments.
Oh, and it's not too late to participate--if you still haven't edited your version, just post it in the comments here whenever!
As for my processing: I processed my shot before seeing anyone else's (although I did have to go back to straighten...); I really thought about going B&W with this, but I had a strong suspicion at least half the submissions would be B&W. Instead, to differentiate myself, I decided to, in ACR:
1) go with my typical very warm white balance
2) decrease the exposure to recover some details on the HTH
3) increase the fill light to bring some light back to the palms
4) decrease the blue saturation
5) increase the vibrance
6) increase the saturation on the purples
7) increase the blacks, clarity, and contrast
8) open as a Smart Object into...
1) perform a shadow/highlight adjust (masking the sky)
2) applying an exposure adjustment layer to decrease the exposure on the HTH
3) sharpen via selective unsharp mask.
Larger version's of each of the below images (except Scott's) may be viewed by right clicking the image, and clicking "View Image". Enjoy!