Saint Simon, 1760
František Karel Palko (1724 - 1767)
Schwarzenberg Palace(Schwarzenberský Palác)
One of the most beautiful renaissance structures. It is located at the Castle Square, near the Prague Castle and houses a collection of baroque bohemian art.
The Palace was built between 1545 and 1576 for the Prague Count Jan Lobkowicz the Younger. Hence it was originally known as the Lobkowicz Palace. Designed by the Italian master builder Agostino Galli, the palace is one of the finest examples of Renaissance architecture in Prague.
In 1593 the emperor confiscated the palace after he sent the owner, Jirí z Popelu Lobkovicz to prison on charges of betrayal and fraud. The Palace was handed over to Petr Vok z Rožmberka. After being in the possession of several other owners, the complex was obtained by the Schwarzenberg family, after whom the Palace is now named. They owned the palace from 1719 until 1948.