Woodrow Wilson House - third floor serving kitchen 01 - 2011-12-04
Looking northwest at the second floor Serving Kitchen at Woodrow Wilson House. The cabinets house serving platters and the formal china of the Wilsons.
Woodrow Wilson House is located at 2340 S Street NW in Washington, D.C . After Wilson's second term as president ended on March 4, 1921, he moved into this house with his wife and two servants. Crippled by the 1919 stroke that ended his presidency, Wilson died in the house on February 3, 1924.
The house was built in 1915 by Henry Parker Fairbanks, a Boston businessman and carpet industry lobbyist, and designed by celebrated architect Waddy Wood.