Darnley Grist Mill, Crooks Hollow
The DARNLEY GRIST MILL was started in 1811 by James Crooks who named it after and ancestral hero, Lord Darnley of Scotland. In 1813, Crooks left the British Army and completed his mill. The mill was originally square in shape with three levels. The large wall across the centre of the present structure at the time was the outside wall of the mill. The mill contained four run or sets of grindstones to produce various grades of flour or meal.
Hasselblad + Carl Zeiss Distagon 50mm f4.0 + Arista EDU Ultra 100 + D-76 1:1 @ 10 minutes (agitation on the minute)