Fourteen columns and some entablature
Selinunte (Selinous and Selinus in ancient times) was an ancient Greek city on the south-western coast of Sicily.
It was destroyed during the First Punic War about 250 BC and never rebuilt. The utter destruction of every building, scarcely a single column being left upright, could also have been due to earthquakes.
The majority of the temples are distinguished by letters as their dedications are still under discussion.
This one, closest to the sea and situated in the ancient Acropolis, is called temple C. It is the oldest in this area, dating from 550 BC. In 1925-7 the fourteen of the north side’s seventeen columns were re-erected, along with part of the entablature.
"Multiple elements show a certain experimentation and divergence from the pattern of the Doric temple which later became the standard: the columns are squat and massive (some are even made from a single stone), lack entasis, show variation in the number of flutes, the width of the intercolumniation varies, the corner columns have a larger diameter than the others, etc.
Temple C probably functioned as an archive, since hundreds of seals have been found here and was dedicated to Apollo, according to epigraphic evidence, or perhaps Heracles."
Selinunte, Sicily. 2018