Rooster in hot pursuit!
View to the Old Town from the Kohtuotsa viewing platform.
Left of center:
Medieval Lutheran Church of the Holy Spirit, or Church of the Holy Ghost (Püha Vaimu kirik).
Building of the church probably started sometime during the first half of the 13th century, and the church is mentioned in written sources for the first time in 1319.
In 1630, the tower received its current appearance, which however is a reconstruction as the tower was ravaged by fire in both 1684 and 2002. The church was the first church in Estonia to hold services in Estonian, and the first extracts of the catechism to be published in Estonian were printed here in 1535.
The church has a plain, white-washed exterior with crow-stepped gables and an octagonal tower with the reconstructed renaissance spire.
Tallinn, Estonia, 2018