Corner columns of Temple E
Selinunte was an ancient Greek city on the south-western coast of Sicily.
It was destroyed during the First Punic War about 250 BC and never rebuilt.
Some of the temples are not attributed to certain gods and have no proper names.
Temple E, also called the Temple of Hera, the most recent of the three, dates to 460-450 BC.
"Its current appearance is the result of anastylosis (reconstruction using the original material) carried out – controversially – between 1956 and 1959.
Temple E was dedicated to Hera as shown by the inscription on a votive stela, but some scholars deduce that it must have been dedicated to Aphrodite on the basis of structural parallels."
Selinunte, Sicily. 2018