Fire at Nagle electrical vault, 2000
For years I thought this fire, seen from our bedroom balcony as we were moving out of our apartment, was at a church on Broadway. Today in the Seattle Times archive I read that it was in an underground electrical vault back on Nagle Place that was very close to tanks containing two tons of chlorine at the reservoir. Fire trucks surrounded the block and evacuated everyone. You can see a few at the intersection of Broadway and Pine.
Honestly, I have no memory of the Chevron station. Recently I was trying to remember what predated the Walgreens with low income apartments above it at the southwest corner of Pine and Broadway. There it is. Also visible here is the old Blockbuster Video, which is now a clinic and pet food store.
Still, though, there is a church visible right behind the Chevron sign, and I don't know what happened to it. Anyone?